Thursday, August 14, 2014

What's In My Bag?

One of my favorite Beauty Guru YouTube tags is "What's in My Bag?"!  I love to see what my favorite YouTubers are carting around with them on a daily basis.  So why not take a look at what a teacher carries around with them everyday?  As schools start up again this week, I thought I'd give you a look into what I'm currently carrying in my bag.  

So here's my new bag.  It's my first Vera Bradley and I LOVE IT (thanks Mommba)! My meetings started up this week and I already had tons of compliments.  I got mine at the outlet mall but here is the closest I could find! The bag itself has two outside pockets and plenty of inside pockets. It's great because I have compartments for my pens/pencils/dry erase markers, phone, and any other random items.  Also, my favorite feature is the clip on key ring!  That way I don't have to worry about my keys falling out!
Inside of my bag I have a binder, agenda, notebooks, books, etc.  Here's a closer look...

Teacher Binder:  This binder has tabs for the classes that I teach and the classes that I take.  I love that the dividers have pockets for me to quickly file away extra handouts or newspaper/magazine clippings I've read that may be useful for class!  I use the front pocket to house urgent paperwork.  That way I don't forget it because it's always the first thing that I see.
Agenda, Portfolio, & Notebooks:  This is my new agenda from Office Max.  I love this one because it's the Week-at-a-Glance style and is set up hourly. The older I get, I find that I have more and more appointments.  I have way more scheduling to do.  Stay tuned for a post on how to use hourly planners as a teacher!  Then I have my portfolio.  This bad boy is from when I visited MIT. LOVE it!  In it I just have notebook paper and resumes.  Hey, you never know when you'll need to pass out a resume!  Lastly, a notebook.  I'm always taking notes in meetings.  I carry one 5-subject notebook: 3 sections for the classes I take, 1 section for the class I teach, and 1 section for programs that I am a part of.
Random Books:  Lastly I have a collection of random books.  I don't teach out of one particular book.  I usually utilize a collection of readings from various books.  At the moment, I am carrying around books for some research I am doing on Onomastics.  You'll also see there a notepad for leaving friends notes when I miss them.  Love that too!  I believe this is from Target, but it was a gift from my Sister-in-Law.

So that's what's in my bag right now.  What's in your bag?  What am I missing?  Tweet me or comment down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment